Monday 11 April 2011

Day 1:

So day 1;
Started out with a reasonable breakfast, had a tantrum at my husband because he looked at me funny or something like that. I can already feel the effects of no sugar or caffeine and they are not pretty. Also stomach man disagrees that healthy food should now enter my body, been feeling that I have clock work in there that needs serious oiling. Made a shopping list for the week, based on the offers that I could find at our local supermarket. So far we are way under budget for our week, but that is not accounting for the things we might need to stock up on during the week like milk and bread (I am getting to the whole baking it myself soon, but right now there are so many other things to deal with first) If we can manage to keep those things under 12 euros we should be good and dandy.
After we went shopping half our budget for the week is gone, but we also have more than enough food to keep us going for a while. We decided to go through with the plans of buying a new bed for the money that we got at our wedding and a friend has happily decided that she wants to part with hers very cheaply! Total score.
Talked for hours with my friend B, who is joining me in my weight loss scheme. I enjoy talking to her because she takes the subject of weight loss as something we should laugh about, rather than fret about. We had a long talk about the problems of nutritionists who insist that women our size must down at least 3 liters of water a day. We both find the thought of either of us ever being able to consume that amount of water absurd. We are also trying to motivate each other and reminding ourselves that this is not a flip of the moment, but something we are doing for our families and loved ones, so we can stay healthy and active for many years to come. Sure the immediate benefits are an important factor as well. We both want to be able to wear a bikini to the beach without people starring at us (for other reasons than we are so fabulously sexy of course) and to enjoy our vacation together even if is going to be short.  B and I also talked about the fact that we are both having problems finding pagan books in Danish/Nordic but that plenty of Christian books are translated every year. Maybe that is another line of books to add to the long list of books I want to public and translate when I start my own publishing firm.
Have been met with the first skeptics today who do not believe that our project is possible. Went to dinner with friends, but managed to eat healthy food there as well. Still no soda urges today!

No comments:

Post a Comment