Friday 4 January 2013

Like-minded people.

So this: 

https://iantruman.wordpress.com/2013/01/03/finding-your-own-way-is-apparently-a-never-ending-process/#comment-138

This guy says a lot of things that I felt myself and which I still struggle with. There is no doubt that once my grandmother on my father's side passes away I will never hear from that side of the family again. There is a very good reason for this. I come from a family of mostly hard-working bankers, accountants or builders so I can totally relate to this. It was pretty much expected of me that I would do something with accounting like everyone else and my dad forbade me to ever make a career out of being creative. So i said fuck em. I am the only one in my family to gain a degree and I worked my butt of to get it and although it is an arts degree and I will never gain a “real job” in their eyes it made me happy. Now I have a job which offers me plenty of time to be creative, to write, to sing, to be joyous in my life and enough money to make do (not planning on being wealthy or even well-off like the rest of my family). I say we get rid of the guilt for allowing ourselves to be happy instead of pleasing everyone else.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there - have you decided to put the blog aside for the time being?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark.
      The blog has moved to another address which is also slow because of new work routines etc. You can find me on; notashopgirl.blogspot.dk

      Delete